Popular Post

Chris Weitz Says He has a lot of Estrogen ;-)

I love this quick interview with Chris Weitz from Time Magazine, where Chris talks about all the fan adulation that the cast members are facing:

Taylor seems the most comfortable with this level of scrutiny. He doesn't squirm as much.

It's funny. In a way he's the least prepared for the intense scrutiny, but he's very balanced about it. Whereas I think Rob and Kristen are very sheepish about it. Not that they don't appreciate it. But they're thrown a bit by it.

They just seem very human about it. I mean, who would not be freaked out by that?

If you enjoyed it too much it would be weird. It would mean you were addicted to that kind of adulation. The thing is, there's so much love coming towards you, but you can't really tell whether it's towards the characters or the actors themselves, or towards an image in the media. and that's strange.

In addition, Chris tells us about his 'fem' side:

Is it weird to be a guy directing Twilight? Since it's a franchise that's considered more for … the ladies?

I think at first it was odd for the fans when I came on board. There was a question of whether I was going to kind of try to bring some amped up macho mentality … I wouldn't even know how to do that. I think I'm pretty fem. I have a lot of estrogen.

At first Stephenie was a bit surprised that I had been brought out as a first choice. But we met and chatted and it all worked really well.

Read the rest of this cool interview here.