Popular Post

NM Screening for Soundtrack Songstress!

So into Twi she's already sporting the rays ;)

Yesterday, we post that Anya Marina's song "Satellite" from the New Moon soundtrack was live on her MySpace.

Today, care of her record label, Chop Shop records, Anya has blogged how she was lucky enough to see a screening of the movie "a few months" ago:


A few months ago, I was asked by Chris Weitz (the director of the new Twilight movie (New Moon) to come in to his office to screen the latest Twilight movie, New Moon. I guess he’d heard my cover of T.I.’s “Whatever You Like” and really liked it. Naturally, I was thrilled. I heard all sorts of my favorite bands were being considered for the soundtrack (Thom Yorke, Death Cab, Grizzly Bear, etc). In fact, on the day of my own private screening, as I walked in, The Killers were making their way out.

oh.

em.

gee.

Suffice it to say, the movie was great and I got really inspired to adapt a new song I’d been working on to suit Bella and Edward and their whole drama. I got together with my friend, producer [and mixer on Slow & Steady...] Ken Andrews, and we recorded a pretty mean version of a new song called “Satellite Heart.”

When I heard that Chris decided not only to include Satellite Heart in my favorite scene in New Moon, but also in the soundtrack, I was–pardon the pun–over the moon. I can’t wait to see it in the movie or for you to hear some of the straight-up sick remixes that’ll be coming out soon, too. For now, stream the song (and check out the lyrics) on MySpace, and then pre-order the soundtrack through iTunes to be able to download ‘Satellite Heart’ instantly.

Enjoy. See you in November!

x

Anya

Thanks Gorgeous Graham

- Lorabell